AUTHOR: Rinelle Evans
I am thrilled to announce a new book for novice teachers, edited by myself and Piera Biccard:
Practical guidelines for novice teachers
Available at: Van Schaik Bookstore
The day-to-day complexities of teaching in South African classrooms are particularly challenging for novice teachers. Although equipped with knowledge and competencies from their years of study, often there is a gap between what new teachers know and how to apply that knowledge in a ‘real’ classroom. Practical Guidelines for Novice Teachers bridges some of these theory–practice gaps and aims at providing teachers with skills to remain motivated, professional and successful during their first years in the classroom.
We tackle a wide range of aspects, including African perspectives on teaching, looking after your finances as a teacher, and dealing with sensitive curriculum topics.
The book provides guidance and hands-on information, such as:
• Teaching as a career in South Africa — what does it really entail?
• You as a new professional — what does this mean, how does it change your identity and
how do you look after yourself?
• Diverse learners — how to deal with differing learning styles, temperaments and
behaviours in one classroom
• Classroom matters — from surviving the rst day to making your own inexpensive
• Extracurricular activities — from coaching to organising a school function.
Practical Guidelines for Novice Teachers provides useful, sound advice for teaching students as well as for newly qualified teachers. It will also be a valuable resource for experienced teachers who are looking for new ideas or a fresh approach to teaching.
I didn’t know that Juta and Van Schaik were still operative.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Wonderlike inligting – ook vir nuwe ou onderwysers! Well done!!!
Congratulations Prof👌 I will certainly get myself a copy
Best regards Milly